Uluntham KaliPublished: 2017-07-07Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 40 minsSummaryUluntham Kali is a very healthy high protein and low fat dish . Orid dal is rich in proteins and Vitamin B. It is also good for women as it has iron, folic acid, calcium, which makes it a healthy pulse. This is a special recipe which is given to female children when they attain puberty. It is a traditional recipe & Healthy recipe
- Raw rice – 1Kg
- Water – 2 cup
- Palm jaggery – 150gms
- Gingelly Oil – 3tsp
- Orid dal – 200g
- Watch Video Uluntham Kali Preparation Method :
- Fry the orid dal and mix with the raw rice. Grind well to make a batter. (we can grind in rice mill so as grind well as smooth batter)
- Break the palm jaggery in to small pieces. For 1 cup flour take 2 cup of water.
- In a bowl, pour the measured amount of water and palm jaggery pieces & prepare the syrup. Filter it & keep aside.
- Boil that filtered syrup & make it in to thick consistency.
- Add the prepared batter little by little & stir well until it is cooked & it becomes thick consistency.
- With in 8 to 10 minutes the Uluntham kali is cooked. When we touch it should not the sticky.
- If it is sticky, allow to cook for few minutes.
- Kali should be cooked in low flame. If it is cooked, than take a tsp of gingelly oil, make the kali in to a round balls with the help of gingelly oil the round can be made easily.(Watch the Video)
- Make it in to small balls. It should be prepared when it is hot. Uluntham Kali is ready.
- A Good , Health, tasty food to eat. At least one time we have to take in a week.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12