Thinai PayasamPublished: 2017-07-07Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 minsSummaryThinai (Foxtail/Millet) a natural source of protein and iron. It digest well, contains high amount of lecithin and excellent for strengthening the nervous system. It helps control Blood sugar levels & Cholesterol. Also, it helps us to keep our body strong & immune.
- Thinai Rice – 50gms
- Moong dal – 25gms
- Ghee – 25gms
- Milk – 50ml
- Jaggery – 100gms
- Cashewnuts – 10pcs
- Raisins – 10pcs
- Cardamom Pd – ½tsp
- Grated Coconut to taste
- Watch Thinai Payasam Video
- In a cooker, put one tsp ghee & Thinai and fry it.
- Add moong dal to it & fry lightly.
- Pour some water and close the cooker lid. Wait for 3 whistle.
- Allow jaggery pieces in to the cooked thinai.
- Add 1 cup of milk to it.
- In a frying pan, fry cashews, dry grapes, then add a some grated coconut and a pinch of cardamom powder to it & slightly fry it.
- Mix this in to the Thinai Payasam and serve hot in a serving bowl.
- It is a traditional recipe & rich food. It helps in reducing the body weight. Easy to prepare, healthy, tasty food which attracts the children too.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 8g