Semiya KichadiPublished: 2017-07-24Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 30 minsSummarySemiya Kichadi
- Semiya – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – A small bit
- Green chilli – 2
- Carrot – 1
- Beans – 4
- Bengal gram – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Semiya Kichadi Preparation Method:
- Finely chop all vegetables like beans, carrot, ginger, green chillies, onion and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, pour 2 tsp of oil and mustard seeds, Bengal gram and cashews saute well.
- Then add chopped ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and fry it.
- After few seconds add carrot, beans and fry for few seconds.
- Then pour 2 ½ cups of water and add Turmeric powder to mix well.
- Then add semiya, salt as per the requirement, mix well.
- Allow to cook for few minutes, Your kichadi is ready.
- Coconut chutney is the best combination for Kichadi.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g