Pepper KaraboondhiPublished: 2017-08-11Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 60 minsSummaryPepper Karaboondhi – Easy and Simple snacks could be prepared at home and with shelf life of more than 15 days.
- Bengal Gram Flour – 5 Cups (250g)
- Rice Flour – 1 Cup (50g)
- Asfoetida – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – as required.
- Curry Leaves – small bunch
- Ground Nuts – 50g
- Oil – to fry (200ml approx)
- Garlic – 2 nos. (optional)
- Pepper Karaboondhi Preparation
- In a bowl, put Bengal gram flour (Besan), rice flour, asfoetida, salt & add boiled water and prepare like dosai batter. If it is taken in a scoop & pour & See it is little bit of watery.
- In a frying pan, pour the oil to fry & heat it then after few seconds slow down the flame. Next take a scoop directly on the top of the frying pan.
- The batter rolls as round balls in the oil. Wait for some time. Allow it to deep fry.
- After few seconds the boondhi comes to the top of the oil & it can be taken out of oil carefully & gently strain the oil.
- And keep it in a bowl and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- In the same oil, deep fry the ground nuts, take out from oil & strain it carefully. Then fry the curry leaves & garlic.
- Now add karaboondhi, curry leaves, garlic, groundnuts and a pinch of salt mix it well, add pepper powder as required on to the karaboondhi and spread it across. Pepper powder should be added when the karaboondhi is hot, then only the pepper content will mix proper in the karaboondhi.
- Now spicy, tasty, crispy Pepper karaboondhi is ready to serve. It can be stored for more than 15 days.
Serving size: 1 Plate
Calories per serving: 120
Fat per serving: 10g