Kara paniyaaramPublished: 2017-08-10Prep time: 9 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 9 hrs 30 minsSummaryKara Paniyaaram – A Famous village Food of South India – Madurai Recipe Kara Paniyaaram are taken as morning breakfast and teatime snacks
- Raw Rice – 1 Cup (100gms)
- Idly Rice – 1 Cup (100gms)
- Urad Dal – ¼ Cup (25gms)
- Fenugreek – 1 tsp (20nos)
- Bengal Gram -1 tsp (20nos)
- Green Chilli – 2nos.
- Coriander Leaves – small bunch
- Curry leaf – small bunch
- Cashew nuts – 10 pieces
- Oil – 50ml
- Asfoetida – ¼ tsp.
- Baking Soda – 1 pinch
- Watch the Video to Know How to Preparation of Kara Paniyaaram
- Soak Raw rice, idli rice, urad dal, fenugreek all for 2 hours. After straining coarsely grind all the ingredients as a idli batter.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 6 hours.
- The batter should be in soar taste, then only batter is ready for preparing paniyaaram ( can add a pinch of baking soda to ferment)
- Finely chop the onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, cashew nuts & keep aside separately.
- Take the frying pan, pour the oil 1 to 2 tsp & fry the onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, cashew nuts, Bengal gram, urad dal each 1 tsp & fry it gently.
- Then add a pinch of asafoetida & salt as per the requirement & mix all in the batter well.
- In the paniyaaram maker, put one scoop of batter & pour oil around it, allow it to cook by closing it with lid. After few minutes remove the lid & turn the every Paniyaaram upside down gently and carefully without breaking it, pour some more oil around Kara Paniyaaram.
- Allow it to cook, then take the paniyaram gently and place it in the serving plate.
- Coconut or onion chutney is the good combination for this Kara Paniyaram.
Serving size: 10
Calories per serving: 150
Fat per serving: 10g