Ghee DosaiPublished: 2017-07-15Prep time: 9 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 9 hrs 30 minsSummaryGhee Dosai with Coconut Cutney & Sambar
- Idli Rice – 4 cup
- Raw Rice – ¼ cup
- Orid dal – 1 cup
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Moong dal – 50 gms
- Sambar masala – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Beans – 4
- Tomato – 1
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli – 2
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Watch Video on Preparation of Dosa Batter
- Idli Rice, Raw Rice, Orid dal and Fenugreek, soak all these separately.
- Coarsely grind these idlyi rice & raw rice (we should not grind finely).
- Grind finely the orid dal & fenugreek add all batter & add salt as per the requirement.
- Allow it to ferment at least for 6 hrs.
- * Sambar Preparation Method *
- Moong dal chopped onion, green chilli, tomato, carrot, beans, asafetida, salt, sambar powder and Turmeric powder mix well.
- Put all these in a cooker & steam it, wait until 4 whistle come.
- Allow it to cool in room temperature.
- Then in a frying pan, pour 2 tsp of ghee, ad mustard seeds, fenugreek, cumin seeds, onion, and red chilli chopped, a pinch of asafetida and saute well.
- After removing the cooker lid add this sauté to it. Garnish with coriander leaves on the top of the sambar, it is ready to serve.
- * Ghee Dosai Preparation Method *
- In the dosa pan, pour 1 scoop of batter in to it and spread in a round shape, and allow to cook.
- Pour 1 tsp of ghee around it. Turn the dosa and allow to cook.
- Your crispy ghee roast dosa is ready.
- Place it in the serving plate with sambar in a serving bowl and coconut chutney. Your crispy, tasty, yummy ghee dosai is ready.
Serving size: 3
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g