Wheat PuttuPublished: 2017-08-09Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 25 minsSummaryWheat Puttu
- Wheat Puttu Flour – 1 Cup (250gms)
- Sugar – ½ cup (150gms)
- Coconut – ½ Cup (grated)
- Gingely Oil – 2tsp
- Preparation of Wheat Puttu:
- Wheat Flour Preparation: Wash the whole wheat, add water and cook it in the cooker for 1 whistle, strain it & completely dry it.
- Then make it powder in the mixer grinder (or at flour grinding place). It can be preserved for two or three months also.
- In a bowl, put 1 cup of processed wheat flour, sprinkle water to it and make a tight powder.
- Put the wheat flour in the clean cotton cloth, place it in the idli plate and steam it for 15 minutes.
- Then put the steamed wheat flour, sugar, grated coconut, gingely oil in a air tight bowl & mix well.
- Then, close the lid of the bowl for 10 mints. It can be taken by the elders & Children also.
- It is a soft & healthy breakfast too. Tasty, healthy wheat flour puttu is ready to serve.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 12g
Rate this Wheat Puttu Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]