Veg BriyaniPublished: 2017-08-17Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 60 minsSummaryVeg Briyani – Healthy vegetarian Rice Recipe
- Basmati Rice – 500 gms (1 cup)
- Onion – 2
- Ginger, Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Carrot, Beans, Potato,Green Peas – each 50 gms
- Mint, Coriander leaves, Cardamom – small bunch
- Green chilli – 2, Cashews – 5
- Biriyani items – a small quantity
- Lemon – ½ fruit, Ghee – 2 tsp
- Salt & Oil – as required
- Preparation of Veg Biriyani:
- Soak the biriyani rice for 30 mins, then strain it well.
- Finely grind the cinnamon cloves, bay leaf and cardamom saunf in the mixie jar & transfer it in to the air tight container.
- Slit the onions, green chillies, Dice the carrot, beans and potato, Cook & strain the green peas.
- In a cooker, pour some oil and fry the cinnamon cloves, bay leaf and cardamom saunf. Then add the slitted onions & mint leaves.
- After few seconds, add ginger garlic paste 1 tsp and fry well. Then add all the diced vegetables & mix well.
- After few seconds add garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder powder each ½ tspn ,grinded masala powder to it & mix well.
- In this gravy, the vegetable are all mixed. In that pour water 2 cups for 1 cup of rice & add lemon juice & salt to it.
- Then allow to cook & wait until 1 whistle comes. Remove the cooker from the flame & after the lid is opened.
- Put the ghee roasted cashews in to the biriyani& mix gently. Now the Vegetable biriyani is ready to eat. It can be served hot with onion raita.
Serving size: 1 Cup
Calories per serving: 310
Fat per serving: 8.5g
Rate this Veg Briyani Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]