Urad Dal vadaPublished: 2017-11-06Prep time: 2 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 2 hrs 30 minsSummaryUrad Dal Vada – Medu Vada Recipe
- Urad dal – 150gms
- Rice flour – 2 tspn
- Small onions – 50gms
- Green chillies – 2
- Curry leaves, Coriander leaves – a small bunch
- Pepper & Cummin seeds – a pinch each
- Asfoetida – a pinch each
- Oil, Salt- as per the requirement
- Preparetion of Urad Dal Vada:
- Soak the urad dal for 3 hours. Then strain the water & finely grind it. In that add 2 tspn of rice flour & mix it.
- Add chopped small onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies in to the vada batter & mix well.
- In that add a pinch of pepper, cumin seeds, asfoetida & salt as per the requirement & mix well.
- In a frying pan, pour some amount of oil, when it gets heat low the flame, take the vada batter & roll a small amount of batter in the hands & flatten it.
- Make a hole in between the flattened vada batter with one finger & gently put it in the hot oil & allow it to deep fry until it gets golden brown colour.
- Remove the vadas carefully with the help of strainer/ scoop & place it in the serving plate.
- Now the hot urad dal vada is ready to serve & eat. Coconut chutney or samabar is the best combination.
Serving size: 2 Pcs
Calories per serving: 180
Fat per serving: 12g