Thengai Paal AppamPublished: 2017-08-09Prep time: 9 hrs 0 min Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 9 hrs 20 minsSummaryThis is good for children. Aappam reduces the body heat & cures the ulcers or stomach irritations.
- Idly rice – 1cup (200gms)
- Raw rice – 1 cup (200gms)
- Orid dal – ¼ cup (50gms)
- Fenugreek – 1tsp
- Coconut – 1cup (1 full grated)
- Sugar – 200gms
- Watch Video on How to prepare Thengai Paal Appam
- Soak idli rice, raw rice, orid dal & fenugreek for 1 hour, and then grind it finely. Add salt to it. Allow it to ferment for 6 hours. If needed, baking soda can be added.
- Finely grind the coconut pieces with little amount of water. Then strain it in a bowl. Add some more water into the coconut & grind again then strain it in the same bowl.
- Crush the strained coconut well & the fresh coconut milk is ready, next add sugar to it & mix well.
- Heat the appam fry pan, put 1 scoop of batter, spread it gently.
- Then only it comes lightly. In the center of the appam would be soft & slightly bulgy.
- Put 1 tsp of oil around the appam, this should be cooked by covering with a lid. Allow it to cook for few seconds.
- It should be cooked only on side. Remove the lid, take gently the appam & place it in the serving plate. Pour the coconut milk on the top of appam and enjoy eating it.
Serving size: 3
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 12g
Rate this Thengai Paal Appam Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]