Sweet AppamPublished: 2017-08-01Prep time: 9 hrs 0 min Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 9 hrs 20 minsSummarySweet Appam
- Idli Rice – 1 cup (200 gms)
- Raw Rice – 1 cup (200 gms)
- Orid dal – ¼ cup (50 gms)
- Fenugreek – 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Jaggery – 250 gms (as required)
- Oil/Ghee – As the per requirement
- Watch Video
- Preparation of Appam Batter:
Soak the idli rice, raw rice, orid dal, fenugreek in a bowl. Then grind finely. Allow it to ferment for about 6 hours to get the batter ready.
- Sweet Appam Preparation Method:
- Cut the jaggery in to cubes, add water to it and boil until it gets thickened.
- Do this process in simmer and allow the jaggery water babbles. After few minutes when it gets thickened (Do not over boil it. If so it gets hardened) the appam batter can be added to it.
- The batter should be as the dosa batter. (Watch Video below the post)
- Heat the appa fry pan, put 1 scoop of batter spread evenly & gentle.
- Then pour oil 1 tsp around the appam, close the appam fry pan with lid.
- Then open & take out gentle with the spatula. (Do not turn or fry both sides)
- Place the appam in the serving plate & ready to serve.
Serving size: 4 Appam
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 12g
Rate this Sweet Appam Recipe