Rava KichadiPublished: 2017-07-11Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 30 minsSummaryRava Kichadi
- Rava – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – A small bit
- Green chilli – 2
- Carrot – 1
- Beans – 4
- Bengal gram – 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- In a frying pan, roast the rava in ghee till it gets golden brown.
- Finely chop or slit all vegetables separately ( carrot, beans, ginger, green, chilli, onion) and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, put 1 tsp of oil ad mustard seeds, Bengal gram fry till it gets brown, then add slitted onions, chopped green chillies to it & fry.
- Then add beans, carrot, ginger, curry leaves & saute well.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water and add Turmeric powder to mix well.
- After the water gets boiled, add rava little by little & salt to it & mix well properly so as to avoid lumps. ( for 1 cup rava, 2 ½ cups of water, we have to take in this proportion only )
- Wait until the is cooked, place the kichadi in the serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves, coconut chutney is the side dish apt for Rava Kichadi , tastes good & easy to make.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 12g