Puliogare – Puliyodharai RicePublished: 2017-08-11Prep time: 60 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hr 30 minsSummaryPuliogare – Puliyodharai Rice Best and Simple Meal Recipe of Tamil Nadu, Also known as Best travel mate for tourist.
- Rice – 1 Cup (400g)
- Tamarind – 100g
- Coriander Seeds – 2tsp
- Red Chilli – 10Nos.
- Fenugreek – 1tsp
- Bengal Gram – 3 tsp
- Curry Leaves – small bunch
- Groundnuts – 50gms
- Cashewnuts – 10nos.
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Watch Video on how to prepare Puliyogare (Puliyodharai Rice)…
- Cook the rice and keep aside. Then dry roast the fenugreek, coriander seeds, Bengal gram, 8 red chillies, grind it in mixie and keep it in a closed container.
- Soak the tamarind mix well with water, then strain the thick juice from it. In a plate cut the 2 redchillies, little curry leaves in to small pieces.
- In a frying pan, sautes with mustard seeds, in that add Bengal gram, red chilli pieces, curry leaves. Then add a pinch of asfoetida and tamarind juice to it. Put ½ tsp of turmeric powder. Allow it to cook for few minutes in the slow flame.
- When it gets started to reduce at that time add the grinded dry roasted powder to it.
- Again allow it to cook for another 5-6 minutes. Then pour 1 or two tsp of gingelly oil to it, take it out from stove and allow it to cool till room temperature.
- Dry roast the groundnuts & crush gently to remove the skin from the nuts & ghee roast the cashew nuts. Keep it aside.
- Then take the cooked rice in a bowl, in that pour the puliogare mix, add groundnuts, cashew to it. Mix will.
- Now the puliogare – Puliyodharai Rice is ready to serve. It can be taken with potato fry or chutney.
Serving size: 1 Plate
Calories per serving: 180
Fat per serving: 12g