Podi DosaiPublished: 2017-07-15Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 60 minsSummaryPodi Dosai
- Dosa Batter – 1 cup
- Orid dal – 200gms
- Red chilli – 10
- Garlic – 10
- Asfoetida – ½ tsp
- Gingelly Oil or Ghee
- Curry leaves – a small bunch
- Soak Idli rice, urad dal separately. Coarsely grind the idly rice(should not grind finely) & finely grind the urad dal and mix well by adding salt to it. Allow it to ferment for 6 hrs.
- In a frying pan, dry roast the urad dal. In another frying pan pour 1 tsp of oil, add 10 red chillies, garlic pieces, curry leaves to it. Then add a pinch of asfoetida.
- Put all roasted things in the mixie jar and grind it well without adding water. Now the powder is ready. It can be stored in a dry container & can be kept for one month and use it.
- In a dosa pan, pour 1 scoop of dosa batter & spread it in a round shape & put oil or ghee around it when it is cooking sprinkle the podi all over the dosa and sprinkle oil/ghee on the podi so as to cook.
- Then fold the dosa and allow it to cook until it gets crispy. Your podi dosa is ready.
- For this podi dosa, sambar, coconut chutney is a good combination & enjoy tasty, crispy podi dosa.
Serving size: 4
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 10g