Paruppu PaniyaramPublished: 2017-08-09Prep time: 9 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 9 hrs 30 minsSummaryParuppu Paniyaaram – A Famous Dish of Southern Tamil Nadu Recipe – Know how to prepare paruppu paniyaaram.
- Raw Rice – 1 Cup (50g)
- Idly Rice – 1 Cup (50g)
- Urad Dal – ¼ Cup (25g)
- Bengal Gram – ½ Cup (50g)
- Coriander leaves – small bunch (chopped) Oil – 50g
- Salt – as required
- Baking Soda – ¼ tsp (Optional)
- Green Chillies – 2 Nos.
- Asfoetida – ¼ tsp
- Onion (chopped) – 50g
- Preparation of Paruppu Paniyaaram:
- Soak the raw rice, idli rice, urad dal, Bengal gram for 2hours. After straining coarsely grind all the ingredients as a ldli batter.
- Allow the batter to ferment for 6 hours. The batter should be in soar taste or the baking soda can be added to the batter to ferment.
- Then add salt & asafoetida also to the batter & mix well.
- In a frying pan, pour oil & Fry the chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves well and mix it to the batter.
- In the paniyaaram maker, put one scoop of batter & pour oil around it, allow it to cook by closing it with lid.
- After few minutes remove the lid & turn the every paniyaram upside down gently and carefully without breaking it, pour some more oil around paniyaaram.
- Allow it to cook, then take the Paruppu Paniyaaram gently and place it in the serving plate.
- Coconut or onion chutney is the good combination for this Paruppu Paniyaram.
Serving size: 10
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g