OmapodiPublished: 2017-09-17Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 minsSummaryA Best Homemade tea time snacks which every one will love to eat. Since, it is prepared at home, it is hygienic and healthy snacks. Time taken to prepare is much low, and easy to prepare. Since Omam (Ajwain) is added in this snacks it is good for stomach too.
- Besan – 1 Cup (200gm)
- Rice Flour – 2 tsp (25gm)
- Asafoetida Pd – ¼ tsp
- Carom seeds (Ajwain) – 2 tsp
- Ground nut – 50gms
- Curry leaves – Few
- Edible Oil – 250ml
- Watch Video on How to prepare Omapodi
- Boil the Ajwain with little amount of water and filter it.
- In a bowl, prepare a mixture of Besan, Rice flour, Asafoetida and add salt for taste.
- Add the Ajwain water in to the mixture and prepare it as dough (like roti dough)
- Put the content in the Idiyappam maker, swirl it in the boiling oil in a pan. (watch the video)
- Make it upside done in the pan, to ensure it doesn’t get over boiled in one side.
- Take Ground nut and fry it in the oil separately & curry leaves too.
- Now, mix the fried ground nut & curry leaves.
- Omapodi is ready to taste. A Snack which is Good for all Ages. It is taken along with tea in the evening tea and in TamilNadu this dish is available in 100% of the sweets and Snacks stalls.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 100
Fat per serving: 10g