Mutton BriyaniPublished: 2019-07-02Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 2 hrs 5 minsSummaryMutton Briyani
- Zeera Samba Rice – 500 gms (1 cup)
- Ginger, Garlic paste – 2 tspn
- Garam Masala- ½ tspn
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tspn
- Coriander powder – ½ tspn
- Onions, Tomato, Green chilli – 2 Nos each
- Mint, Coriander leaves, Cardamom saunf – small bunch
- Cashews – 10 Nos (chopped)
- Oil – as per the requirement
- Ghee – 2 tspn
- Biriyani items – a small quantity
- Lemon – ½ fruit
- Mutton – 500 gms
- How to Prepare Mutton Biriyani:
- Soak the briyani rice for 20 mins, then strain it well.
- Finely grind the cinnamon. cloves, bay leaf and cardamom saunf in the mixie jar & transfer it in to the air tight container.
- Grind tomatoes, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and transfer it in to the bowl.
- Slit the onions, green chillies, a small bunch of mint leaves.
- Cook the mutton with some water & strain it. This strained water can be used for cooking biriyani.
- Method to make Mutton Biriyani: In a cooker, pour some oil and fry the cinnamon cloves, bay leaf and cardamom saunf.
- Then add the slitted onions & mint leaves. After few seconds, add chopped ginger, garlic 1 tspn& ginger garlic paste 1 tspn and fry well.
- Then add the grinded tomatoes, green chillies, mint, coriander leaves & fry. Then add garam masala ½ tspn, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder each ½ tspn.Then add grinded masala powder to it & mix well.
- Then add mutton & fry well till it mixes with the gravy. Then cook upto 2 whistle pour water to it as per the requirement & cook well.
- Pour water 2 cups for 1 cup of rice. The strained water can also be used to cook the rice. Put the rice to it.Add lemon juice & salt to it.
- Allow to cook until 1 whistle comes. Then wait for some time until the temperature reduced to room temperature.
- Open the lid & add the ghee roasted cashew in to the biriyani & mix gently.
- Now the Mutton Briyani is ready. The boiled egg can be added with the mutton biriyani in the serving plate. It can be served along with the onion raita. Serve hot.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 120
Fat per serving: 80g
Rate this Mutton Briyani Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]