Mushroom BriyaniPublished: 2017-08-12Prep time: 40 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hr 10 minsSummaryMushroom Briyani
- Siraga Samba Rice – 1 Cup (500 gms)
- Onions – 2 Nos.
- Ginger, Garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Tomato, Green chilli – 1Nos each
- Mint, Coriander leaves, Cardamom, saunf – small bunch
- Cashews – 5 Nos (chopped)
- Oil – as required
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Briyani items – a small quantity
- Lemon – ½ fruit
- Mushroom – 250 gms
- Mushroom Briyani Preparation Method
- Soak the briyani rice for 10 mins, then strain it well. Finely grind the cinnamon cloves, bay leaf and cardamom saunf in the mixie jar & transfer it in to the air tight container.
- Grind tomatoes, green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and transfer it in to the bowl.
- Slit the onions, green chillies, a small bunch of mint leaves.
- Slit the mushroom and soak it in the hot boiled water for about 5 mins. Then strain it thoroughly.
Prepare all the above steps and start doing briyani.
- In a cooker, pour some oil & fry cinnamon 1 small piece cloves, bay leaf, saunf, cardamom. Then add slited onion, green chillies, mint and allow to fry.
- Then add chopped ginger , garlic 1 tspn& ginger garlic paste 1 tspn and fry well.
Then add the grind tomatoes, green chillies, mint, coriander leaves & fry. Then add garam masala ½ tspn, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder ½tspn each then fry well. Till all gets closely.
- Then add slitted & processed mushroom in to the masala gravy & mix well. Then pour water to it (for 1 cup of rice two cups of water).
- When the water gets boiled put the soaked rice (after straining it) in the boiling water and add the lemon juice and salt.
- Then close the lid of the cooker & wait until 1 whistle & remove from the flame.
- Then roast the cashews in the ghee and add it to the rice after opening the lid. Then mix gently. Mushroom Briyani is ready to serve.
- If we prepare the items before itself then doing Mushroom Briyani is easy. Slitted onions, carrots, cucumber and add salt to the curd is known as Raita.
- This raita is the best side dish for this mushroom biriyani.
Serving size: 1 Plate
Calories per serving: 210
Fat per serving: 12g