MurukkuPublished: 2017-08-09Prep time: 3 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 3 hrs 30 minsSummaryMurukku
- Round raw rice – 500 gms
- Orid dal – 2 tsp
- Asfoetida – ¼ tsp
- Sesame – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 500 ml
- Preparation of Murukku:
- Dry roast the Orid dal in to golden brown colour. Then add the round raw rice 500g to it. Finely grind this in the ricemill
- In a bowl take the murukku flour, dry roasted sesame seeds, a pinch of asfoetida and salt to taste. Make a dough which should not be sticky.
- In the murukku maker, place a small ball of the murukku dough and keep ready.
- In the frying pan, pour some amount of oil and heat it. Then slow down the flame.
- After that make murukku in a round shape and deep fry it until it gets brown in colour.
- Your tasty, crispy, crunchy murukku is ready to eat.
Serving size: 6
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 12g