Mini IdliPublished: 2017-06-30Prep time: 9 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 9 hrs 30 minsSummaryThis Mini idli sambar is good for health & it is easily digest able food which attracts every one specially Children.
- Idli Rice – 1 cup(400gms)
- Urad dal – ¼ cup(100gms)
- Moong dal – 50gms
- Sambar Powder – 1tsp
- Carrot – 25 gms
- Beans – 25gms
- Onion – 1no
- Tomato – 1no
- Asfoetida – ½tsp
- Red Chilli – 2nos
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Oil or ghee – 2tsp
- Coriander leaves – small bunch
- Curry Leaves – small bunch
- Mini Idli Preparation Method
- Idli rice, Urad dal & fenugreek, soak all these for 2hours separately.
- Coarsely grind the idli rice (don’t grind softly).
- Grind fenugreek & Urad dal till it comes to fluffy, mix idli rice batter, urad dal batter & add required quantity of salt to it.
- We can use the batter to make idli after 6hrs.
- Grease the mini idli plate with oil or ghee. Heat sufficient water in the idli steamer.
- Pour the idli batter in to the mini idli plate with the use of a spoon & steam it for 6 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a while and take the mini idli from the plate with the help of a spoon or spatula.
- Place it in the serving plate.
- In a Cooker, Put all washed & cubed vegetables, washed moong dal (Cubed Vegetables like Carrot, Onion, Beans, Tomato)
- Add ¼ tsp asafetida, salt as required, sambar powder 1tsp, pour two glasses of water to it & stir well.
- Allow the cook until 4 whistle comes.
- Allow the cooker to cool in room temperature.
- In a frying pan, add 1tsp of ghee, add ½tsp mustard seeds, Sliced onion, red chilli 2nos, fenugreek ½ tsp, a pinch of asafetida, chopped coriander, curry leaves and sauté well.
- Pour the sambar in to the serving Plate, Where the mini idli is placed (until the plate get filled).
- Pour 2tsp of ghee on the top of the plate. Garnish the plate with chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves, serve hot.
- Your tasty Mini Idli is ready.
Serving size: 14 idlis
Calories per serving: 309
Fat per serving: 8g