Lemon RicePublished: 2017-08-11Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 60 minsSummaryLemon Rice – A Famous Rice of Tamil Nadu – Easy and Simple recipe, the food could be stored for longer time and consumed.
- Raw Rice – 200gms
- Lemon – 2 Nos.
- Red Chilli – 3 Nos
- Bengal Gram – 2 tsp
- Asfoetida -1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek – 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
- Gingelly oil – as required.
- Lemon Rice Preparation Method
- Take raw rice 1 cup & pour water 2 cup & cook it.
- Dry roast the fenugreek, coriander seeds, Bengal gram & finely grind it in the mixie. Keep it in a airtight container. It can be used while preparing the lemon rice.
- For 200 gms of rice we can talke 2 or 3 lemons. Extract the juice rom the lemon and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, pour oil & sautes with mustards. Then add Bengal gram to it. Then add red chillies, curry leaves to it. Then add sliced onions, salt, turmeric powder mix it.
- After few seconds add the fenugreek powder ½ tsp. mix well. Take the pan from the stove and add lemon juice to it.
- Add the cooked rice to the sauté well if needed the dry roasted groundnuts can be added for taste. Add one tsp of gingelly oil.
- Now the tasty lemon rice is ready.
Serving size: 1 Plate
Calories per serving: 220
Fat per serving: 10g