Kuzhi PaniyaaramPublished: 2017-08-04Prep time: 8 hrs 0 min Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 8 hrs 20 minsSummaryIt can be taken as breakfast or evening snacks. This is good for health. In this fenugreek , jaggery, ghee are added which acts as body coolant.
- Raw rice – 1 cup (100g)
- Idli rice – 1 cup (100g)
- Orid dal – ¼ cup (25g)
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Jaggery – 250 gms
- Oil or Ghee – 25 gms
- Watch Video on How to prepare Kuzhi Paniyaaram
- Soak the raw rice, idly rice, orid dal, fenugreek in a bowl for 2 hrs. Then coarsely grind all the items thickly and allow it to ferment for 6 hrs.
- Finely crush the jaggery in to pieces and put it in a bowl. Add ¼ tumbler of water and boil until it gets dissolved & filter it (stir until all the jaggery dissolves without any lumps).
- Then keep it in the low flame & stir continuously until the jaggery water gets lightly thickened.
- Then add the jaggery water to the batter and add cardamom& mix well. Now your paniyaaram flour is ready.
- In the paniyaaram maker, apply a little amount of ghee or oil or any refined oil & pour 1 scoop of paniyaaram batter to it evenly and pour 1 or 2 spoons of oil around it.
- Close it with the lid. After few seconds remove the lid & turn the paniyaaram individually.
- Again pour 1 or 2 spoons of oil to it then allow few seconds to cook. Then carefully remove the paniyaaram from the maker & place it in the serving plate.
- Your hot Kuzhi Paniyaaram is ready to eat.
Serving size: 6
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g
Rate this Kuzhi Paniyaaram Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]