Karupatti Paniyaaram Published: 2017-08-09Prep time: 8 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 8 hrs 30 minsSummaryKarupatti Paniyaaram can be taken by diabetic patient also. There is no sugar in the karupatti. This is good for health. It is very tasty,crispy and healthy food.
- Raw rice – 1 cup (100g)
- Idli rice – 1 cup (100g)
- Orid dal – ¼ cup (25g)
- Fenugreek – 1 tsp (20 Nos)
- Cardamom – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Karupatti – 250gms
- Ghee/ Oil – 50 gms
- Watch Video on How to prepare Karupatti Paniyaaram
- Soak the raw rice, idly rice, orid dal, fenugreek in a bowl for 2 hrs. Then coarsely grind all the items thickly and allow it to ferment for 6 hrs.
- Finely crush the Karupatti in to pieces and put it in a bowl. Add ¼ tumbler of water and boil until it gets dissolved & filter it (stir until all the karupatti dissolves without any lumps).
- Then keep it in the low flame & stir continuously until the karupatti water gets lightly thickened.
- Then add the karupatti water to the batter and add cardamom & mix well. Now your paniyaaram flour is ready.
- In the paniyaaram maker, apply a little amount of ghee or oil or any refined oil & pour 1 scoop of paniyaaram batter to it evenly and pour 1 or 2 spoons of oil around it.
- Close it with the lid. After few seconds remove the lid & turn the paniyaaram individually.
- Again pour 1 or 2 spoons of oil to it then allow few seconds to cook.
- Then carefully remove the paniyaaram from the maker & place it in the serving plate. Your hot Karupatti Paniyaaram is ready to eat.
Serving size: 10
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 12g
Rate this Karupatti Paniyaaram Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]