KaraboondhiPublished: 2017-08-11Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 60 minsSummaryKaraboondhi – Snacks Tamil Recipe – Best any time snacks of Tamil Nadu, this dish could be preserved for more than 15 days.
- Bengal ram flour – 5 cups (250g)
- Rice flour – 1 cup (50g)
- Asfoetida – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – as required.
- Curry leaves – small bunch
- Ground nuts – 50g
- Oil – to fry (200ml approx)
- Garlic – 2 nos. (optional)
- Preparation of Karaboondhi:
- In a bowl, put Bengal gram flour (Besan), rice flour, asfoetida, salt & add boiled water and prepare like dosai batter. If it is taken in a scoop & pour & See it is little bit of watery.
- In a frying pan, pour the oil to fry & heat it then after few seconds slow down the flame. Next take a scoop directly on the top of the frying pan.
- The batter rolls as round balls in the oil. Wait for some time. Allow it to deep fry.
- After few seconds the boondhi comes to the top of the oil & it can be taken out of oil carefully & gently strain the oil.
- And keep it in a bowl and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- In the same oil, deep fry the ground nuts, take out from oil & strain it carefully. Then fry the curry leaves & garlic.
- Now add boondhi, curry leaves, garlic, groundnuts and a pinch of salt mix it well, add Red chilli powder as required on to the boondhi and spread it across.
- Now spicy, tasty, crispy karaboondhi is ready to serve. It can be stored for more than 15 days.
Serving size: 1 Plate
Calories per serving: 150
Fat per serving: 10g
Rate this Karaboondhi Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]