Kara MurukkuPublished: 2017-08-13Prep time: 2 hrs 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 3 hrs 0 minSummaryKara Murukku
- Round Raw Rice – 500 gms
- Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
- Asfoetida – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a small quantity
- Oil – 500 ml
- Red chilli – 5 Nos.
- Fried gram – 50g
- Kara Murukku Preparation method
- Soak the round Raw Rice for two hours. Finely grind the soaked rice with the Red Chillies.
- Dry roast the sesame. Finely grind the fried gram &rieve it. Do this process two or three times until full fried gram are over.
- Then add this powdered fried grams, dry roasted sesame, a pinch of asfoetida, salt to the Murukku batter. The batter should not be sticky.
- Take the Murukku maker & grease with the oil, then put a small round of the dough in to it.
- In a frying pan, pour oil and heat it. Then reduce the flame or keep it in sim.
- Then press the loaded Murukku maker directly on the hot oil or make round Murukku in a sheet & deep fry it one by one.
- Then turn the Murukku carefully & gently (without breaking) with the help of spatula or oil strainer. After deep frying the Murukku, remove from the pan & place it in the serving plate.
- Now the hot Kara murukku is ready to serve. Murukku will be red in colour which attach the children & it is crispy, tasty too.
Serving size: 6
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g