Kaima ParottaPublished: 2017-07-18Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 35 minsSummaryLet us see how to prepare kaima parotta or Veg Kothu Parotta – A parotta mixed with masala and vegetables
- Parotta – 4
- Onion – 2
- Beans – 50 gms
- Cabbage – 50 gms
- Carrot – 50 gms
- Capsicum – 1
- Garlic – 7
- Red chilli – 7
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger paste – ½tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½tsp
- Fennel Seeds powder – ½tsp
- Oil & Salt
- Curry leaves – a small bunch
- Coriander leaves – a small bunch
- Watch Video on How to prepare Kaima Parotta
- Take madia flour, add salt & water to it. Knead like chapatti batter.
- Apply oil on the batter and allow it to ferment up to 2hours.
- In a big plank, keep that maida & knead gently. Then roll it in a round shape.
- You can see the layers in the parotta. It can be rolled and cook in a frying pan apply oil around it.
- Parotta should be cooked on both the sides by turning it your soft, layered parotta is kept ready.
- Kaima Parotta Preparation Method: Finely dice all vegetable like onion, beans, cabbage, carrot & capsicum and keep aside.
- Make the parotta in to pieces & keep aside.
- In a frying pan, pour 1 tsp of oil & fry onion, garlic, red chillies, tomato, fry it.
- After it gets half cooked add ginger paste, garam masala powder, fennel powder, salt and mix well. When it gets cool in room temperature, grind all these & keep aside.
- In a pan, put the grinded mix in to it & allow to boil.
- In a pan, pour some oil, then add diced onions, capsicum, beans, curry leaves and mix well for 2 minutes. Then add diced carrot, cabbage salt & mix gently.
- After that add masala batter & boil for few minutes. Add the parotta pieces in to the masala gravy & mix well. Then add pepper, cumin powder, salt to it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves Serve hot. Your kaima parotta is ready.
- Any raita can be kept as the side dish for the kaima parotta.
Serving size: 1 Cup
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g