Sambar IdliPublished: 2017-06-30Prep time: 9 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 9 hrs 30 minsSummaryThis Idli sambar is an easily digestible food which can be taken by everyone. This is good for health.
- Idli Rice – 1 cup(400gms)
- Urad dal – ¼ cup(100gms)
- Moong dal – 50gms
- Sambar Powder – 1tsp
- Carrot – 25 gms
- Beans – 25gms
- Onion – 1no
- Tomato – 1no
- Asfoetida – ½tsp
- Red Chilli – 2nos
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Oil or ghee – 2tsp
- Coriander leaves – small bunch
- Curry Leaves – small bunch
- Sambar Idli Preparation Method
- Idli rice, Urad dal & fenugreek, soak all these for 2hours separately.
- Coarsely grind the idli rice (don’t grind softly).
- Grind fenugreek & Urad dal till it comes fluffy, mix idli rice batter, urad dal batter & add required quantity of salt to it.
- We can use the batter to make idli after 6hrs.
- Grease the idli plate with oil or ghee or spread the wet cotton cloth on the plate, heat sufficient water in the idli steamer.
- Pour the idli batter in to the idli plate & steam it your hot tasty idli is ready.
- In a Cooker, Put all washed & cutted vegetables, washed moong dal (Cutted Vegetables like Carrot, Onion, Beans, Tomato)
- Add ¼tsp asafetida, salt as required, sambar powder 1tsp, pour two glasses of water to it & stir well.
- Allow to cook until 4 whistle comes. Allow the cooker to cool in room temperature.
- In a frying pan, 1tsp of ghee, add ½tsp mustard seeds, Sliced onion, red chilli 2nos, fenugreek ½ tsp, a pinch of asafetida, chopped coriander, curry leaves and saute well.
- Open the lid of the cooker, transfer it in to a bowl and then add the sauté, Pour 2 or 3 tsp of ghee.
- In a serving bowl, cut 2 idli and arrange then pour sambar on to the idli until the bowl is filled.
- Put few drop of ghee on the top ,serve hot.
Serving size: 3 Idli
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g