Idiyappam with Grated CoconutPublished: 2017-06-23Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 45 minsSummaryIdiayappam is the dish commonly taken when you feel heavy, good for stomach ache as gingelly oil and coconut are added. Easy digestible food…
- Rice Flour – 1 Cup (200gm)
- Coconut – 1 Cup (1/2 Coconut to be grated)
- Sugar – 100gm
- Gingely Oil – 2tsp
- Ghee – to grease
- Watch Video on How to prepare Idiyappam
- Take Rice flour as per the measurement given above. Add a pinch of salt to it for taste. Boil the water in a pan.
- Add Rice flour and mix well, Keep stirring continuously till it thickens and forms a soft dough (like chapatti dough). Cool it to room temperature.
- Grease the Idli plate with oil or ghee (or) spread the wet cotton cloth on the plate. Heat sufficient water in the idli steamer.
- Make a cylindrical shape of the dough and place it in the idiyappam maker, close the lid an press the dough through the maker in to swirls on to the greased molds.
- Place it in to the idly steamer and allow to steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add Grated coconut, sugar, Gingelly oil into the prepared idiyappam, when it is hot and mix it gently.
- After five minutes the sugar melts in it and you get idiyappam softly.
- Delicious Food is ready to eat, ideal for both breakfast and dinner.
Serving size: 2 Plates
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g