Gulab JamunPublished: 2017-08-19Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 60 minsSummaryGulab Jamun
- GulabJamun mix – 200 gms
- Sugar – 800 gms
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Ghee / Oil – 150 gms
- Watch Video on How to Prepare Gulab Jumun:
- Take the gulabjamun flour in a bowl, pour water little by little and prepare dough. It should not be sticky, let it ferment for 5 mins.
- Gently make a small balls which should not have any crack, then in a frying pan pour oil/ ghee and heat it, after the oil gets hot and keep in the sim / low flame.
- Then fry all the balls one by one in golden brown colours. Remove it carefully & gently with the help of strainer /scoop and place it in a plate.
- In a bowl, put 800gms of sugar and water equally. Keep it in the low flame and stir carefully.
- Put ½ tspn of cardamom powder and stir well until the sugar melts totally. Then remove from the flame. Let it coll for few mins.
- Put the gulabjamun in the sugar syrup one by one and gently turn the gulabjamun as to fully dip the jamun in the sugar syrup.
- Allow the jamun to soak in the sugar syrup atleast for 2 hours. (Sometimes the gulabjamun gets broked or dissolved when the jamun placed in hot sugar syrup)
- After 2 hours the soft, tasty, yummy gulabjamun is ready to serve.everybody likes to eat it.
Serving size: 3 Pieces
Calories per serving: 141
Fat per serving: 8.2
Rate this Gulab Jamun Recipe [ Click here for Tamil Version ]