Fish KulambuPublished: 2017-08-30Prep time: 45 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hr 15 minsSummaryFish Kulambu
- Viral Meen – 1kg
- Tamarind – lemon size
- Small Onion – 10
- Tomato – 1
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Garlic – 5
- Aniseed – ½ tsp
- Pepper, cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek, Mustard – ½tsp
- Masala powder – 2tsp
- curry leaf, Salt & oil
- Watch Video on How to Prepare Fish kulambu:
- First soak the tamarind in the water. After some time, clean it by squeezing with fingers & strain the juices in a bowl.
- Finely grind the coconut, aniseeds, garlic & transfer in the separate bowl.
- In a frying pan, sauté mustard seeds, urad dal with oil. With this add onions & fry till it gets golden brown colour.
- Then add tomatoes & mix well. After that put masala powder & the tamarind juice. The spice & sour taste can be added by increasing or decreasing as per the wish.
- hen add the coconut batter to it, add salt as per the requirement. Allow it to boil.
- Put the cleanly washed fishes in to the pan. The fishes should be added lastly only.
- When it gets boiling well then remove the pan from the flame. If it over boiled then the fishes starts dissolving. Now tasty fish kulambu is ready.
- When the fish fried oil is taken for keeping kulambu the taste increase & gives different taste too.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 12g
Rate this Recipe Fish Kulambu [ Click here for Tamil Version ]