Egg Fried Idiyappam Published: 2017-06-23Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 50 minsSummaryIdiyappam is easy digestible and simple food of Tamilnadu made with Rice Flour, flavoring it as English style makes more delicious…
- Rice flour – 1cup (200g)
- Egg – 3 or4
- Cashewnuts – 5 nos.
- Bengal grains – 1 tsp (10nos.)
- Pepper & Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – small bunch
- Curry leaves – small bunch
- Onion – 2Nos.
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 50gm
- Watch Video on How to prepare Egg Fried Idiyappam
- Take Rice flour as per the measurement given above. Add a pinch of salt to it. Boil the water in a pan.
- Add Rice flour flour and mix well, Keep stirring continuously till it thickens and forms a soft dough (like chapatti dough). Cool it to room temperature.
- Grease the Idli plate with oil or ghee (or) spread the wet cotton cloth on the plate. Heat sufficient water in the steamer.
- Make a cylindrical shape of the dough and place it in the idiyappam maker, close the lid an press the dough through the maker in to swirls on to the greased molds.
- Place it in to the steamer and allow to steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now, Idiyappam is ready, Allow the prepared idiyappam to get dried in a plate.
- In a Pan pour oil, when it get heated put Bengal grams, cashew nuts, chopped onion and fry it.
- After that put 3 or 4 eggs in to it & mix well till it gets softened.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of pepper and cumin powder in to that.
- When the egg is mixed well add the prepared idiyappam and mix it well.
- Chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves are added and slightly mix it your tasty egg fried idiyappam is ready to taste.
Serving size: 1 Cup
Calories per serving: 100
Fat per serving: 12g