Coconut Milk MurukkuPublished: 2017-08-13Prep time: 3 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 3 hrs 30 minsSummaryCoconut Milk Murukku
- Round Raw Rice – 500 gms
- Urad Dal – 200g
- Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
- Asfoetida – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a small quantity
- Coconut – 1 No.
- Oil – 500 ml
- Method to prepare Coconut Milk Murukku (Thengaai Paal Murukku)
- Finely grind the dry roasted urad dal (golden brown colour), round raw rice in the flour mill. The flour should be so soft.
- Slit or shread the coconut and grind well in the mixie , by adding little water. Then strain it for coconut milk. You can take three times like that.
- Then keep the coconut milk in the flame and slightly boil it.
- Dry roast the sesame. Take the murukku flour in the bowl in that add dry roasted sesame, salt, a pinch of asfoetida & mix with the coconut milk by adding little by little.
- Make a dough as puri dough & it should not be sticky. Take the murukku maker and grease with the oil, and then put a small round of the dough in to it.
- In a frying pan, pour oil & heat it. Then reduce the flame or keep it in sim. Then press the loaded murukku maker directly on the hot oil.
- Allow few seconds to get fried. Then turn the murukku carefully & gently (without breaking) with the help of spatulaor oil strainer.
- After deep frying the murukku remove from the pan & place it in the serving plate.
- Now the hot Coconut Milk Murukku is ready to serve.
- Children likes the crispy, tasty, Coconut Milk Murukku to eat.
Serving size: 6
Calories per serving: 120
Fat per serving: 18g