Chicken SalnaPublished: 2017-09-17Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 60 minsSummaryChicken Salna
- Chicken – 150g
- Onion – 1No.
- Tomato – 1 No.
- Kulambu Masala Powder – 2tsp
- Cashew nut – 7pcs
- Coconut – As per requirement
- Khus khus – ½tsp
- Aniseed – ½tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1tsp
- Cardamom -1pc
- Cinnamon Leaf – As per requirement
- Annachi poo – As per requirement
- Lavangam – As per requirement
- Clove – As per requirement
- Mint leaves – As per requirement
- Salt – As per requirement
- Watch Video on How to prepare Chicken Salna:
- First slit the onions in large size. Cut tomatoes & chicken also.
- Saute & keep aside with all sauting items. Finely grind the grated coconut, cashews and poppy seeds.
- Chicken Salna Preparation:
- In a cooker pour some oil & saute with chinnamon, bayleaf, clove, cardamom. Then put the mustard seed & wait until it gets cracked.
- Then add onions & fry until it gets golden brown colour.
- With that add mint leaves, chopped tomatoes & allow it to fry well, after that add ginger garlic paste & fry.
- Then, after few seconds add the washed , cleaned & chopped chicken to it & mix well.
- In that add all masala powder & gently mix it. Add salt as per the requirement & mix well.
- Pour the cashew, coconut, poppy seed paste to the above & mix well.
- If needed add little amount of water and cook until 2 or 3 whistle comes.Wait until the pressure gets decreased. Remove the whistle & open it.
- Mix with spatula and garnish with mint leaves & coriander leaves.
- Remove from the flame & serve it by transferring it in a serving bowl.
- Now hot chicken salna is ready to serve & can have with chappathi, parotta or biryani. It is nice to eat.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 190
Fat per serving: 18g