Chicken BriyaniPublished: 2017-08-12Prep time: 40 mins Cook time: 40 mins Total time: 1 hr 20 minsSummaryChicken Briyani
- Siraga Samba Rice – 1 Cup (500 gms)
- Onions – 2 Nos.
- Ginger, Garlic Paste –2 tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Tomato, Green chilli – 2 Nos each
- Mint, Coriander leaves, Cardamom saunf – small bunch
- Cashews – 5 Nos (chopped)
- Oil – as required
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Biriyani items – a small quantity
- Lemon – ½ fruit
- Chicken – 500 gms
- Watch Video on preparation of Chicken Briyani
- Soak the biriyani rice for 10 mins, then strain it well
- Finely grind the cinnamon cloves,bay leaf and cardamom, saunf in the mixie jar & transfer it in to the air tight container.
- Grind tomatoes,green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and transfer it in to the bowl.
- Slit the onions, green chillies, a small bunch of mint leaves.
- In a cooker, pour some oil and fry the cinnamon cloves, bay leaf and cardamom, saunf. Then add the slitted onions & mint leaves.
- After few seconds, add chopped ginger, garlic 1 tspn& ginger garlic paste 1 tspn and fry well.
Then add the grinded tomatoes, green chillies, mint, coriander leaves & fry.
- Then add garam masala ½ tspn, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder each ½ tspn.Then add grinded masala powder to it & mix well.
- Then add cleaned & processed chicken in to the gravy & mix and fry well. Allow it to cook by adding water to the gravy until 2 whistle comes.
- Pour water 2 cups for 1 cup of rice. Allow it to cook the chicken in the proportion of water.
- Then in the cooker add water to the chicken again & put the rice to it. Add lemon juice & salt to it.
- Allow to cook until 1 whistle comes. Then wait for some time until the temperature reduced to room temperature.
- Open the lid & add the ghee roasted cashew in to the Briyani & mix gently. The chicken briyani is ready.
- You can add boiled egg with chicken briyani. Place 1 scoop of chicken briyani with egg and onion raita, serve hot.
Serving size: 1Plate
Calories per serving: 340
Fat per serving: 25g