Chakkarai PongalPublished: 2017-09-17Prep time: 30 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 1 hr 15 minsSummaryPreparation at home, details in easy steps, Tasty, Sweet Pongal.
- Raw Rice – 500g
- Moong dal – 25g
- Jaggery – 1.25 (or) 1.50Kg
- Ghee – 50g
- Grated Coconut – 25g
- Cashew nut – 20g
- Raisin – 10g
- Cardamom – 4pcs.
- Watch Video on How to prepare Chakkarai Pongal:
- Wash raw rice & broken gram/ moong dal. Then second time add water & strain the water & keep separately.
- In the pongal pan add some amount of milk with ¾ th of water and boil it.
- When the water gets boiled put the washed raw rice and moong dal in to that & allow it to cook.
- Don’t put the spatula for stirring before rice is cooked half.
- When the rice is cooked three fourth then start stirring up to the depth by the spatula and allow it to cook in the low flame.
- While stirring the rice should be cooked finely.
- Using spatula stir in to the depth otherwise white rice will be settle down in the bottom.
- In a frying pan, fry the grated coconut in the ghee and put it in the pongal pan.
- Then ghee roast the cashews & dry grapes in to light brown colour and put it in the pongal pan.
- In the pongal pan add some ghee directly & mix well. Now the hot, tasty Chakkarai Pongal is ready to serve.
- With this ripened banana & coconut is a good match.
Serving size: 1 cup
Calories per serving: 170
Fat per serving: 18g