Cashew Rava AppamPublished: 2017-07-10Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins Total time: 25 minsSummaryCashew Rava appam, a favorite Sweet dish in Tamil Nadu, also known as sweet appam, know how to prepare sweet appam.
- Rava – 1 cup (100 gms)
- Maida – 1cup (100 gms)
- Sugar – 1 cup (100 gms)
- Cardomom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Banana – 1 no
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Raisin – 10
- Oil – 150 ml
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Baking powder – A pinch
- Preparation of Cashew Rava Appam Video
Sprinkle some water on the rava and make it soft.
- After five minutes, add maida & sugar in to it.
- In that add roasted cashews & raisins.
- After that add cardomom powder, baking powder, Banana ( finely made in to batter) little amount of water and mix well. Prepare as like idli batter.
- In a frying pan, pour oil and heat it. keep the burner in low flame.
- Take the batter in 1 big table spoon and pour it inside the oil.
- Then turn that appam & fry till all side get golden brown in colour.
- Allow to cook for few minutes. ( if the rava, maida, sugar as in equal proportion then only appam comes correctly or otherwise it will stick on to the pan itself ).
- Appam will be so soft & tender because of banana.
- Your appam is ready. It can be kept for two to three days also.
Serving size: 5
Calories per serving: 200
Fat per serving: 10g