AdhirasamPublished: 2017-08-03Prep time: 48 hrs 0 min Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 48 hrs 30 minsSummarySimple method of preparing Delicious South Indian Village Food Sweet Adhirasam
- Raw rice – 1 Kg
- Jaggery – ½ Kg
- Cardamom – 2 tsp
- Oil – 500 ml
- Watch Video on How to prepare Adhirasam
- Soak the raw rice for 2 hrs (strain the water from the soaked rice & grind the wet rice in the ricemill (or) grind the wet rice in the mixie without adding water).
- Finely crush the jaggery in a bowl. Add (1/4 tumbler) water & boil until it gets dissolved and filter it.
- In wet rice flour add the filtered jaggery water, add the dry roasted sesame seeds, powdered cardamoms and mix well. Then close it with the white cloth. After 1 or 2 days the Adhirasam flour is ready.
- In a frying pan, pour oil after getting heat, make the dough in to small flat round shape and make a hole in between, deep fry it and turn back (cook in the slow flame) and allow it to get fried.
- Fry each one separately and keep it aside separately to get cool in the room temperature. After that all the adhirasam can be kept in a plate. If we keep before itself, all the temperature get sticky. Now the Adhirasam is ready.
- This flour can be stored in fridge for a longer time. If needed take outside and allow it to cool, then make it into small ball & deep fry it.
Serving size: 2
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 15g